Congratulations and thanks to all our members at WKC for this fantastic result. All our hard work and commitment has paid off. 15 Further Education colleges have balloted their members over pay and conditions – and all voted overwhelmingly to take strike action in the Autumn term.
- Capital City College Group (City and Islington College, Westminster Kingsway College and College of Northeast London): 96% vote for action – 65% turnout.
- South Thames Group (Merton College, Wandsworth and Tooting College, Carshalton College and Kingston College): 75% vote for action – 60% turnout.
- Lambeth College: 90% vote for action – 65% turnout.
- Croydon College: 93% vote for action – 71% turnout.
- City of Liverpool College: 82% vote for action – 64% turnout.
- New College Swindon: 88% vote for action – 60% turnout.
- Weymouth College: 89% vote action – 62% turnout.
- City College Plymouth: 86% vote action – 58% turnout.
- City of Bristol College: 94% vote for action – 70% turnout.
- Sheffield College: 84% vote for action – 53% turnout.
UCU branches at CCCG and across these 14 other colleges will now agree dates in the Autumn term to begin our campaign of escalating strike action. UCU’s Further Education Committee has also agreed a plan to implement UCU conference motions calling for a national industrial action ballot over pay and workload to begin in the Autumn term.