UCU WKC AGM
Friday 27th August 2pm, Teams
1. Revival of involvement in Camden-Abu Dis Friendship Association
2. Secretary’s report
3. Update on negotiations over ballot issues
b. Restructures and redundancies
c. Teaching, Learning and Assessment Policy
e. Holiday Booking Agreement
4. Election of officers and opportunities for new reps
If you are not a member – join today to build a better college ucu.org.uk/join
If you’re not on the email list or haven’t received the Teams invite to the AGM – contact firstname.lastname@example.org
UCU is the union for lecturing staff, teaching assistants, LSA’s, teaching support technicians, support workers, LDD support staff, TLMs, coaches, assessors, instructors. UCU have reduced rates for those on part time and hourly paid contracts
Congratulations and thanks to all our members at WKC for this fantastic result. All our hard work and commitment has paid off. 15 Further Education colleges have balloted their members over pay and conditions – and all voted overwhelmingly to take strike action in the Autumn term.
- Capital City College Group (City and Islington College, Westminster Kingsway College and College of Northeast London): 96% vote for action – 65% turnout.
- South Thames Group (Merton College, Wandsworth and Tooting College, Carshalton College and Kingston College): 75% vote for action – 60% turnout.
- Lambeth College: 90% vote for action – 65% turnout.
- Croydon College: 93% vote for action – 71% turnout.
- City of Liverpool College: 82% vote for action – 64% turnout.
- New College Swindon: 88% vote for action – 60% turnout.
- Weymouth College: 89% vote action – 62% turnout.
- City College Plymouth: 86% vote action – 58% turnout.
- City of Bristol College: 94% vote for action – 70% turnout.
- Sheffield College: 84% vote for action – 53% turnout.
UCU branches at CCCG and across these 14 other colleges will now agree dates in the Autumn term to begin our campaign of escalating strike action. UCU’s Further Education Committee has also agreed a plan to implement UCU conference motions calling for a national industrial action ballot over pay and workload to begin in the Autumn term.
WKC UCU Branch Meeting 23 March 5pm
There will be a UCU WKC Branch meeting next Tuesday at 5.00 pm. Please attend. There is a lot going on and your views are vital. A link to the mtg has gone to WKC email accounts
WKC UCU launches New Campaign over Covid-19, Pay, Workloads and LSA Fractionalisation (Posted on Nov 28, 2020)
UCU and NEU branches across the group have launched a campaign to highlight serious concerns that UCU are seeking to address and resolve with CCCG management. Individual posters have been produced for members to publicise our campaign and can be accessed below:
The CEO is scheduled to address staff this Wednesday afternoon. There will be a WKC UCU Joint Branch meeting on Thursday at 1.00 to discuss our response to what he puts forward:
WKC UCU is inviting all members across the college to the meeting, which will be held online via Zoom. A link to the meeting has been sent out by email to your college email address. If you have not received an invite please notify your branch secretary.